Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Message Sharing

Hello friends! The message given at my church this past Sunday was definitely worth sharing with the Alumni Weekend coming up. The message is the second part of the "Is This Love?" series and it was about "The 'I Pick You' Kind of Love," aka friendship.

I highly recommend listening to the message. It gave me a lot to think about, not just in relation to Alpha Omega, but also to friendships in all other areas of my life.

One thing that I keep thinking about is he said friendship requires sacrifice. John 15:13 says "There is no greater way to love than to give your life for your friends." We know Jesus said this in reference to giving his life for all of us when he died on the cross. But the pastor believes (and I agree) that it doesn't always have to mean dying for your friends. You can sacrifice other parts of your life for your friends.

With the Alpha Omega Alumni Chapter, we do not all know each other. We went to school at different times and may never cross paths. But we did share a similar life experience and there is something that binds us together. New friends can be made through this and friendships strengthened. I hope that if you haven't given the group a chance that you will in the future. Maybe even start this weekend!
- Kristen

The "I Pick You" Kind of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment